Coaches – Golf
Director of Instruction
“I’m extremely excited to coach at Club Med Golf Academy. The academy is unique because everything is inclusive; the tour quality golf course, practice facilities, student housing, fitness center, dining hall, and academics are all located at the Four-Star Sandpiper Bay Resort,” said Fields. “I’m looking forward to bringing successful best practices, knowledge, and experiences from directing two of the top three junior golf academies in the world. Most importantly, I’m looking forward to the thousands of student success stories that will be created at Club Med Golf Academy over the next decade!”
Fields has coached and mentored both national and international elite, junior golfers. His students have won over one hundred championships worldwide and his academy students have received more than one million dollars in college scholarship funds. He has also instructed professionals Morgan Hoffman, ShanShan Feng, Richy Werenski, Amelia Lewis, and Stephanie Meadow.
Prior to joining Club Med Academies, Fields worked alongside top instructors including Hank Haney, Gary Gilchrist, and Peter Krause. He has traveled internationally, educating coaches and developing golf-training programs worldwide. In addition, he has been published in numerous, distinguished golf publications and has appeared on the Golf Channel.
Marie Claire De Bortoli
- 30 Years of Coaching Experience at All Levels
- LPGA Master Professional
- LPGA National Teacher of the Year 2005
- LPGA Top 50 Instructors
- TPI Certified Golf Fitness Instructor
- Owner of the International Golf Academy at Club Med for 6 years.
Golf and Mind Coach
- Peak performance mind coach and consultant and founder of Peak Performance Mind Coaching and Spirit of Golf, LLC, programs utilizing innovative and pioneering techniques to help participants access peak mind states for greater success in sports, business, and life.
- Author of the highly-acclaimed, “Skills and Drills: Peak Performance Techniques for the Athletic Mind,” which combines mindfulness with performance applications on the golf course and in everyday life.
- Total performance coach who blends mind coaching techniques with golf swing instruction. Swing instructor for Club Med Academies, an elite junior golf academy in Port St. Lucie, FL. Innovator for Addiction Reach Golf since its inception as he remains a program director in both Florida and California.
- Trained as a GOLFTEC Certified Swing Coach, having taught thousands of lessons to golfers of all ages and handicap levels.
- Coach and mentor to golf professionals on all the major professional tours, including Jim Herman, winner of the 2016 PGA Shell Houston Open. Additionally, Tim coaches professionals, ranked amateurs, university teams, and aspiring juniors in other sports, including tennis, football, baseball, and volleyball.
- Coach and consultant to several NCAA Division 1 athletic teams (golf and non-golf). Tim has helped dozens of accomplished junior athletes receive full-ride college scholarships.
- Conducts peak performance mind clinics at private golf clubs throughout the country, providing tangible improvement techniques for groups and individual club members.
- Successful competitor at the senior professional and amateur levels, including several top ten finishes on the Treasure Coast Senior Tour and back-to-back victories as the Florida State Golf Association Winter Tour Champion.
- Keynote speaker at the PGA and LPGA Teaching and Coaching Summits, PGA of Canada, universities, and state-organized coaching leadership conventions.
- Travel and Swing Coach for CMA
- Won 18 tournaments as a junior golfer including Connecticut Junior Amateur and Connecticut Section Jr PGA Championship
- Played alongside current Major Champions and Ryder Cup players at 17 years old
- Played Division 1 golf for Central Connecticut State University
- Won 3 Collegiate Events and had 18 Top 10 finishes in 40 events
- Two-time Second Team All-Conference Selection
- 2015 First Team All-Conference Selection
- Named Captain Junior and Senior Year