Coaches – Golf
Director of Instruction
“I’m extremely excited to coach at Club Med Golf Academy. The academy is unique because everything is inclusive; the tour quality golf course, practice facilities, student housing, fitness center, dining hall, and academics are all located at the Four-Star Sandpiper Bay Resort,” said Fields. “I’m looking forward to bringing successful best practices, knowledge, and experiences from directing two of the top three junior golf academies in the world. Most importantly, I’m looking forward to the thousands of student success stories that will be created at Club Med Golf Academy over the next decade!”
Fields has coached and mentored both national and international elite, junior golfers. His students have won over one hundred championships worldwide and his academy students have received more than one million dollars in college scholarship funds. He has also instructed professionals Morgan Hoffman, ShanShan Feng, Richy Werenski, Amelia Lewis, and Stephanie Meadow.
Prior to joining Club Med Academies, Fields worked alongside top instructors including Hank Haney, Gary Gilchrist, and Peter Krause. He has traveled internationally, educating coaches and developing golf-training programs worldwide. In addition, he has been published in numerous, distinguished golf publications and has appeared on the Golf Channel.
Assistant Director of Instruction
- RJ was a member of the golf team at Bethel University in his hometown of South Bend, Indiana. After graduation, Schebel moved to South Carolina and attended the Professional Career College, earning a degree in Professional Golf Management. RJ has been coaching junior golfers for the last 10 years and his students have gone on to compete at all levels in college as well as professional tours both domestically and internationally.
Marie Claire De Bortoli
Senior Golf Coach
- 30 Years of Coaching Experience at All Levels
- LPGA Master Professional
- LPGA National Teacher of the Year 2005
- LPGA Top 50 Instructors
- TPI Certified Golf Fitness Instructor
- Owner of the International Golf Academy at Club Med for 6 years.
Senior Golf Coach
- Dave grew up in Stuart, Florida and attended Guilford College where he is the most decorated athlete in the college history. He led Guilford to two National Championships, is the schools first 4 time All American and is a member of Guilford College’s Hall of Fame. Dave has a true love for the game and passion for turning talent and hard work into success.
Fitness & Conditioning Coach
Scott Del Mastro
- Scott Del Mastro has trained professional and junior athletes on U.S. and World stages for more that 20 years. Having earned a Master’s degree in Sport Psychology, Scott believes in developing the complete player and person on and off of the field, court or course.