CMA Junior Golf Academy Program in Florida
- A long Term Training Model
- Focus on Building Skills and Competitive Competence
- A Process Oriented Approach
- Developing High Performance Golf
- Applied to Juniors, Adults and Professionals
- To have the Best Junior Golf Academy Program
At Club Med Academies, we’re here when you are ready! Come for a week or two or even the whole summer in our camp program or get really invested in achieving your dreams by enrolling full-time, which includes our on- or off- site academic programs, allowing participants to purse their athletic interests while continuing their academic pursuits a that same time.
Our Junior Golf Academy Program uses the following process to shape our players into Champions….
- Bench-marking all aspects of the Golfer’s game – The Assessment
- Developing progressions and milestones – The Prescription
- Creating the daily-monthly-yearly training/competition matrix – The Application
- Track the building process – The Measurement
Player “Key” Indicators
- Players control and quality of contact point with the ball
- Players ability to manage swing and club head speed
- Club direction and club orientation
- Develop consistent curve on the shot
- Mastering dispersion
- Shot Development
- Greens hit and distance from the pin
- Players tactical competence (ability to manage the course)
- Performance skills (players capacity to manage intensity and focus)
- Athletic development
Assessment and Measurement
- TrackMan Combine
- TrackMan Wedge Combine
- Photo/Video (Constant Visual Feedback/Analysis)
- SAM Putt Lab
- Golf Stat Lab (Player Dashboard/Actual Playing)
- Results/Analysis and Comparisons
- Strokes Gained Concept
- Tournament Results
- On-Course Evaluation
- Assemblage of data showing the player what they are doing, how they compare to their competitors, and how the player compares to the best in the game.
- The end result equals the basis for the road-map and building blocks the player’s development
- Golf specific conditioning program
- Mental Performance Training
- Daily goal and performance evaluation
- Trackman, SAM Puttlab, K-Vest (3D & 6D), My Swing, BodiTrack, FocusBand & High Speed HD video
- Customized program design for specific improvements
- Individual attention, specific practices, work load, repetition and variation
- Nutrition, proper fueling (5 star dinning buffet and a la carte restaurant included in the price)
- 5 hours of training daily (4 hours of golf / 1 hour of fitness/mental coaching/etc.)
- Daily emphasis on competitive play, short game and putting
- Indoor hitting bay and putting green
- Onsite driving range, practice greens, regulation golf course
- Onsite laundry facilities and Free Wi-Fi connection in all rooms
- Supervised Teen Lounge with games, table tennis, foosball
- All-Inclusive onsite elite sports facilities; 18-hole golf course, 20 tennis courts (6 clay), basketball court, soccer field, beach volleyball courts, FIT Performance Center (free weight, Olympic rack, machines and cardio equipment), 3 swimming pools, table tennis, circus and trapeze.
Schedules for Training
The schedules for our Junior Golf Academy Program are designed to maximize the training of our athletes. With several schedule options depending on the program that you chose we are certain that you will find one that works for you.
Monday Through Friday
|7:00 – 7:30am||Breakfast|
|7:30 – 10:00am||School|
|10:00 – 12:00pm||Golf Training – Short Game, Full-Swing, Putting, etc.|
|12:00 – 12:45pm||Lunch|
|12:45 – 1:30 pm||School|
|1:30 – 1:45pm||Daily Meeting – Planning, Course Management|
|1:45 – 4:30pm||Match Play, Competitive Situations (9 holes)|
|4:30 – 5:30pm||Fitness – Cardio, core, flexibility, strength, TPI|
|6:00 – 7:00pm||Dinner|
|7:00 – 9:00pm||School|
|8:00 – 9:00am||Breakfast|
|10:00 – 12:00pm||Golf – Match Play, Competitive Situations|
|12:00 – 1:00pm||Lunch|
|1:00 – 1:30pm||Free Time|
|4:00 – 6:00pm||Free Time|
|6:00 – 7:00pm||Dinner|
|7:00 – 9:00pm||Evening Activity|
***Saturday afternoon and Sunday off. Scheduled and Supervised Activities
***Schedules may vary week to week
***Mental and Fitness Sessions Weekly
***US Kids Tournaments – most tournaments within 30 min. of Club Med (Available most every week)
A cornerstone of our Junior Golf Academy Program is the Competitive Roadmap. The Roadmap of tournaments that are scheduled during your camp or full-time training year. Two or more weeks are required for this option. Please note that we cannot guarantee we will be able to schedule an event during the time that you are hear, but requests are always encouraged.
Boarding & Accommodations
Both boarding and non-boarding options are available. As a boarding student, you will have the opportunity to meet new people from other places and different cultures. Large rooms are available with a 2-4 person capacity. Student rooms include access to wi-fi and onsite laundry facilities. All of the fitness training facilities are located in one place, with gated security.
Meals & Dining
Student meals are available onsite at one of three restaurants, the Market Place a buffet style restaurant , Soleil an a-la-carte style restaurant, and the Steakhouse, all of which rate at a 4 star level for quality and selection. Meals are provided throughout the day, starting with breakfast at 7:00am, lunch at 12:00pm, and dinner at 6:00pm.
But don’t worry, if you are hungry between those times Soleil is open throughout the day from 10:00am to 12:00pm; 2:00pm to 6:00pm; and 9:00pm to 11:oopm.
A wide variety of activities are available at Club Med Sports Academy, offering a home-away-from-home experience like no other. After the work is done, students can relax in a variety of ways such as dynamic activities or just kicking back and throwing their feet up at one of the pools. From tennis, golf, volleyball, soccer, swimming, weightlifting, basketball, ping-pong, , trapeze or any of the many other activities that are available on the property, there is something for everyone to enjoy!
But it doesn’t stop there. You can do two things a once. Yes, of course, you can train the sport you love the whole time, however, you can also add some additional activities to keep you on track with your academics. Try one of our Academic Extras and get it all done at the same time. We offer a Sport + Language program that allows you learn a language around your sport training schedule. We offer an Exam Prep program that gives you the opportunity to prepare for the SAT or ACT or TOEFL. You can even take advantage of our Subject Tutoring service that allows you to select a subject like algebra or geometry and meet with one of our math specialists to keep sharp on your numbers skills. You can even come for summer camp and participate in our Summer School program to get ahead by doing an extra class during the summer.
And don’t forget about our College Placement Program, which guides you through the college enrollment process from start to finish. You can start the program from anywhere in the world, meet your College Coordinator while you are here, and follow up weekly with online meetings. The college enrollment process can be overwhelming, let us help you get started today as part of our Academic Extra add-on program. Your future is worth it.
The process is simple.
- An initial consultation is scheduled with our College Placement Coordinator to get the ball rolling
- The student enrolls in the program
- Our College Placement Coordinator will then send the student a Personal Information Questionnaire that starts the process of evaluating the player
- Information from that Questionnaire is reviewed and an Action Plan is developed
- Then the Coordinator sets a time schedule for routinely scheduled meetings
- The student, in consultation with the College Placement Coordinator, is given assignments and deadlines by which to complete the assignments
- A list of suitable Colleges is formed
- College Placement Coordinator contacts selected schools and arranges visits and interviews
- School list is condensed
- Final selection is made
- Applications are submitted
- Acceptances are announced
- The principals have been sending players to top Colleges for over 30 years
- Our athletes have earned millions of dollars in athletic scholarship
Here at Club Med Sandpiper Bay “life is good”. Our Student Services team is dedicated to making sure that our students are well taken care of. With scheduled activities right here on campus and frequent off-site events, life at the academy is always bustling. We are always productive and on the move. And with all that movement safety is our greatest concern. Daily sports attendance and nightly head counts are a maximum priority. Please contact us any time with questions about our Campus Life program.