Club Med Academies Global Vision & Mission
Our Vision: To develop and build champions in sport – and in life.
Our Mission: Club Med Academies, headquartered at Sandpiper Bay in Port St. Lucie, Florida, is changing the landscape of high-performance sports training by creating a global platform for developing and educating thenext generationof athletes. Powered by some of the best coaches in the world, our personalized training utilizes established and proven methodologies. And with the unparalleled support of the Club Med Family, training here will be like no other experience you’ve ever had. So come to Club Med Academies toignite your gameand bring out the champion within.
Club Med Academies Golf Philosophy
The Program: Club Med Academies Golf (CMAG), powered by Don Law’s methodology, along with Marie Claire De Bortoli, applies two key elements – Balance and Momentum – to each athlete’s natural ability. The basic fundamentals of grip, aim and posture are conditioned to maintain balance in a precision swing. Rhythm, arc, radius and energy (applied to balance) allow a golfer to swing every club and create every shot with power and control.
And Club Med Resort Sandpiper Bay in Port St. Lucie, FL, home to Club Med Academies (CMA), provides CMAG the hotbed environment for growing talent quickly and effectively through proven competitive training methods, balanced with an individualized Periodization Schedule to maximize peak performance on a consistent, prognosticated basis.
Commitment to Quality
The Program: Club Med Academies Golf (CMAG) is an Alliance of Athletic and Academic programs specifically designed for highly motivated student-athletes who aspire to surpass their potential.
We Instill the Traditions and Integrity of the Game, while individually profiling fundamental techniques, competitive skills, and mental and fitness training. Computer Technology is used as a communication tool for modeling and viewing progress, as well as Goal Setting for long-term, semester benchmarks and daily commitment, Additionally, daily progress is Charted, and a Balanced Routine is established for each athlete’s individual training program. And finally, Competitive cycles schedule periods of development, tournament competitions and recovery time away, equating to a plan for SUCCESS!
The CMGA Training System offers specific focus objectives that challenge growth in all Four Pillars of Development (see below) – in alignment with the athletes’ cycle of Periodization.
- Development: Cycle of training focuses on fundamental technique training, new thought processes and physical development. Because of the conscious cognitive nature of this process, this form of growth is best scheduled with ample time for conditioning the new with sufficient repetitions to move beyond the struggle stage and become a conscious competent.
- Pre-Competitive: Cycle of training is moving away from mechanics and into the creative process. During this cycle, the coaches instill challenges in growing the players’ awareness of how to use their tools in a creative way. Conditioning the thought process and routines, emotional awareness, and challenging new shot making is the ultimate goal.
- Competitive: Cycle ensures that the Athletes are ready to perform at their greatest performances. Coaches will help the athletes manage their emotions and focus their energy on what it is that they want. Fitness and nutrition takes the role of fueling the body and mind in a positive way.
- Recovery: Cycle is just that, designed to give the athlete an important rejuvenation, mentally and physically. During this phase, the coaches will call light practice sessions and sometimes a complete break away from the game.
Nothing grows without applying energy. Based in this scientific law, it is not a matter of time, but applying energy in a certain way that will determine how quickly growth occurs. The Goal of the CMAG Training System is to define group training and individual focus feeding from one another's positive energy. Working diligently under this form of deep practice system will maximize each individual’s talent growth as a well rounded competitive athlete.
The coaching goal with our athletes is to educate them on the importance of building and following an Annual Competitive Schedule. The training that they will follow over the nine-month program will pass through five competitive cycles. The coaches will assist the athletes in preparing an annual competitive schedule based on their present ability and competitive goals.
We are confident that an athlete who can follow the disciplines of Competitive Cycling has the greatest chance of improving performance over the long run of their athletic career. It minimizes the chance of burnout and ensures the balance of new development, and mental and physical readiness to perform on demand.
Golf Director Don Law’s ability to push themselves, their team and their students to the limit day after day and to do so effectively is something they have cultivated their entire career.
Club Med Academies Golf Competitive Edge
Each athlete is an Individual with unique strengths, qualities and characteristics. The manner in which he/she assimilates instruction is distinctive and personal.
- The CMAG Coaching Team collectively supports each Individualized learning style and instills fundamental disciplines helping lead toward success.
- Athletes’ core competencies are regularly tested through Profiling Skills Assessments.
- The golfer, coaches and parents will jointly define Long-Term Goals, semester bench marks and a road map of expectations crucial to completing a successful journey toward the athlete’s Worthy Ideal.
- An Annual Competitive Periodization Schedule is created and directed so that training is managed into waves of progression (development, pre-competitive, competitive, PEAK and recovery) for maximum performance and optimum success.
- The CMAG Coaching Team induces daily improvement toward specific goals with Deep Practice Techniques that increase the appropriate and necessary intensity to grow each individual’s talent level.
- Our Limited Enrollment Policy allows us a maximum 4:1 coach to student ratio, as well as gives total attention to each athlete’s personal needs.
- Our program consists of four hours of Specific Golf Training per day, plus at least an hour of our FIT4Golf Performance Training five days per week – in addition to FIT Mental Training throughout the week.
- Our Split Training Schedule allows players to train like professionals, as we have two sessions per day (Mon-Fri) to maximize performance.
- Our Computerized Stroke Analysis uses state of the art video technology to optimize performance.